[Strategy for UPSC IAS Prelims] CSE/IFoS by Abhishek Surana Rank 10 CSE 2017
UPSC IAS Prelims Strategy by Abhishek Surana Rank 10 CSE 2017:- In my opinion Civil Services Prelims exam is a test of temperament and not of knowledge. Let me explain this statement.
As you know, there are at least 40K-60K candidates (approx. / estimate) who deserve to clear UPSC IAS prelims each and every year. All of these aspirants who cleared CSE prelims exam have achieved a certain knowledge level which is sufficient to clear Indian Administrative services Prelims exam on their good day. Now In my prospect what matters is their temperament i.e how they manage the paper on the examination-day itself. Do they sweat ? or Do they start getting panicky? after seeing that the first Five to ten questions are about topics they never heard of? Or out of their syllabus or are they able to maintain a balance state of mind for those precious two hours of their life.
Follow this UPSC IAS Prelims Strategy by Abhishek Surana – So it is very very important to not loose hope after seeing the questions paper or get too excited. Temperament building is an art of success in UPSC Examination. It is an important once you attain a certain level of knowledge during your preparation period. You can solve IAS Prelims paper by giving as many mocks as possible in exam conditions.
IAS Prelims Paper 1 – Strategy by Abhishek Surana
- Attempt questions that you are 100% sure – around 45-50 mins
- Mark those questions which you have no idea with a “X”. Leave them
- Mark those that you might want to guess as “?”. Also mark the possible choices or write down your thoughts next to the question. Will reduce time spent on it when you come back to it later
- Revise – 25-30 mins
- Make sure that the questions already attempted are correct
- Guess work for “?” marked questions
- Fill the bubbles. And stay calm
- Try not to attempt more than 85-90
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Vision current affairs for previous 12 months
- Wizard compilation for awards, honours, medals etc
- India year book
- Yojana + kurushektra
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- – Spectrum Modern India
- – Tamil nadu board 11th History
- – NCERT 11th fine arts
- Indian culture – I combined notes from 3 sources –
- Notes by Nitin Singhania Sir (Handwritten)
- GK Today notes
- TN Board 11th history
- Indian and World Geography -Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- – 11th and 12th new Geography NCERT
- – G C Leong
- Economic and SocialDevelopment – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector ini- tiatives, etc.
- -Sriram IAS notes
- -Economic survey
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialisation
- – Shankar IAS notes
- – NCERT 12th Bio relevant chapters
- General Science
- NCERT 9th, 10th
Prelims Paper 2 Strategy by Abhishek Surana
- Attempt questions that you can straightforward solve confidently in one go – including all English comprehensions – around 70-80 mins
- Fill the bubbles.
- Try to solve the questions which you couldnt in first go