UPSC IAS Civil Services Prelims (PT) Exam Syllabus
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus PDF: Welcome to Boosforupsc.com! Here, you will find the complete UPSC Civil Services Examination (CSE) syllabus, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The IAS Civil Services Examination is one of the toughest and the most prestigious exam conducted all over India. To understand the UPSC IAS CSE Exam, candidates needs to understand the complete syllabus of IAS Prelims and Mains exams syllabus.
UPSC Civil Services Examination syllabus [UPSC IAS Civil Services Prelims and Mains] has been released by Union Public Service Commission along with the official IAS latest notification.
IAS Prelims (PT) Syllabus PDF
The IAS Prelims and Mains Exam Syllabus can be found at the Union Public Service Commission Official website or you can download it from our website for that you have to scroll down and click on download the UPSC Civil Services Exam Prelims Syllabus PDF in Hindi and English. All IAS Aspirants can also download the upsc civil services prelims syllabus.
What is UPSC Exam Pattern for Civil Services Examinations ? You can check it here – UPSC Exam Pattern for IAS Prelims and Mains.
IAS Syllabus for GS Paper (Prelims Paper I)
The General Studies Paper is the first paper of the civil services preliminary examination. UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus PDF: Following Subjects are included in this paper: Indian Polity – Constitution, Indian and World Geography, Ancient, Medieval and Modern History, Indian Economy / Economics, Science and Technology, Art and Culture, Environment and Ecology, General Science, International Relations and Current affairs.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialisation.
- General Science
IAS Syllabus for CSAT Paper (Prelims Paper II)
Free Download UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus PDF: In the CSAT paper, since we have 80 questions for 200 marks, correctly answered CSAT question would attract 2.5 marks each, while every wrongly marked question would attract a penalty of 0.833 for each such wrong answer, which will be deducted from the total.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
Note 1 :Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
Note 2 :The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note 3 :It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers (General Studies Paper-I and CSAT Paper-II of Civil Services Prelims Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified for sure if he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services Prelims Examination.